At Serenity Homes, we are committed to building more than just houses. We are building relationships…with our Homebuyers, our Hammer and PlaTrade Partners, and the multitude of people involved with the construction of a home.
There are a lot of corners that can be cut in the building of a house. We can always find trades that do it cheaper and faster, and still achieve adequate results. But at Serenity Homes, “good enough” isn’t good enough.
We truly believe home building is a team effort, and our team is the finest in the business. Consequently, our homes are the finest that money can buy, at any price.
Comparing Apples to Apples…
When choosing a homebuilder, keep in mind that all houses are not constructed equally. Below are ten of the steps we feel are so important, they go into every Serenity Home, regardless of price, subdivision standards, or code requirements.
- Every foundation is engineered.
- Every home gets an open hole inspection, by an engineer, to look for issues like expansive soils.
- Every foundation gets “sprayed-on” waterproofing.
- Every foundation gets interior and exterior perimeter drains so that basement will never have “water problems.”
- Every home gets a sump pit, just in case the water tables ever change.
- Every home is backfilled and compacted by hand, in very small lifts, to avoid settling problems and sinkholes.
- Every home has an engineered floor system instead of dimensional lumber (2 x 12’s), so the floor will never squeak.
- Every home is sheathed completely in structural OSB, not flimsy foam paneling.
- Every home has a thorough walk-through with the new homeowners and the builder together. We are not happy until the homeowner is happy.
- Every home comes with a “Warranty Handbook” and an extensive one-year warranty that covers not only the structural parts of the home, but all the systems, materials and workmanship as well (most one-year builder warranties cover only structural issues, and many require the homeowner to hire an engineer).